Saturday, May 19, 2012

The End of a Marathon...

...means training starts for the next.

After this marathon of a year that has tested my limits and emotions many times, I can proudly say I crossed the finish line with my head held high.  I am sure that I learned a ton this last year, about myself and about my family and hopefully I will actually take the time to reflect on it and take the lessons to heart.

But when one race ends another immediately takes it's place.

Being a husband and father again comes with it's own challenges, such as my schedule and free time are no longer my own,  I have to take into consideration the feelings of the three amazing girls in my house,  Wrestling some of the control back from my wife, (including the remote).  I forgot how stressful being a father is, and while it is a good stress, it is stressful none the less.

Above all though, I am grateful to God for answering all our prayers in this last year.  He gave us the opportunity to be financially stable for the first time in our married lives, and he brought me home to a loving wife and daughters with nary a scratch.  He remained faithful to me through some very tough times and I have not lost sight or focus of the fact that God's grace is the reason I continue to be able to come home from my deployments to my family.

I am looking forward to what is in store for my amazing family in the immediate and long term future and cant wait to experience all that God has to offer me and my family.

Oh...and I am also looking forward to lacing up some new trail shoes and putting in some serious miles...

Excuse me I have a tea date with a pretty blonde, that I am late for.

No comments:

Post a Comment