Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Running with a Purpose

I have some rather large running goals this year and the more I think about them the more I realize that running just for myself and my own purposes are good, but I want this year to be GREAT.

So, while my schedule is ambitous with the Aspen Marathon on July 9th, the Leadville Silver Rush 50 mile trail run July 15th; a September Marathon or team relay and at least one marathon in October, possibly 2...I want to make another goal this year.

I want to raise 3,000 dollars for Global Action, a Christian organization that helps orphans in second and third world countries get off the streets, receive an education and a way for them to provide for themselves rather than submitting to the streets and becoming hooked on drugs or forced into prostitution and violence.

I feel very strongly that God has given me the ability to run these distances in order to strengthen His church, to care for His children and to spread His Gospel throughout the world. As I get the logistics of what this is going to entail figured out, and the donation page set up, I will post it both here and on runnersworld.com.

I am excited for this year, and putting in solid miles already, looking forward to taking on the challenges that lay ahead.

"I will run with endurance the race that God has set before me" Hebrews 12:1

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of raising money for Global Action. You are right Rev, God has placed a huge calling on you to help minister to others, and build the church through your gifts. You are such an inspiration. I love you so dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I will be the first one to support you!

    ReplyDelete