Thursday, March 15, 2012

5 miles and a sign of hope

I woke up early this morning for a talk with my folks, things are healing and that is good.  Afterwards I lazed around and talked with the wife and before I knew it, my run window was gone.  I panicked, thinking that my streak was going to end at 4, because I honestly didnt know if I would be able to get another opportunity to run today. 

As the day progressed, however, I cut out time around 3pm, that would give me an hour to run, before my next to do list task.  As I was heading out to change, I was interupted by a person that I had been trying to track down all day....now he was ready for what I needed done, but he only had an hour to do it.  So, run pushed back, yet again. 

After I finished that tasking, I headed down to meet with my boss, and get started on a project for later this week, only to find out that it wasnt happening anymore.  What's this?  All of a sudden my night is free?  AWESOME!!

I quickly went and changed into PT's, and grabbed Gary, the Grumpy Garmin, my headphones and hit the trail.  I was pumping Avenged Sevenfold in my ears, and that increased tempo and aggression must have been the catalyst for my legs, as I warmed up with a 9:30 mile and then churned out 4 miles between 8:20 and 8:45.  That is fast for these conditions and this trail.  5.2 in 44:59. 

I am starting to learn and understand that trail running times do not equate (AT ALL) to road running times, some trails a max effort might get you in the 7mm range, other trails (like mine here) max effort will get you in the 8:30-9:00mm range....its the little nuances that make trail running so much more interesting than road. 

Anyway....Gary stayed alive, the Tunes never died and I had a great run!  What a great day....I hope tomorrow will be just the same, or better....54~~

No comments:

Post a Comment