Monday, March 12, 2012

Eddie Vedder Could Be My Best Friend.....

...If only he would return my phone calls.

Seriously though, I find that when I listen to Pearl Jam, or Eddie's music, he hits a part of my soul and emotions that are exactly in tune with his words.  From the joy of Given to Fly, the heartbreak of Betterman and Daughter, the loneliness of Elderly Woman, the angst of World Wide Suicide and the hope of Life Wasted.  Every song strikes a deep rooted chord in me.  Pearl Jam has become my soundtrack for not only this deployment, and many a great run, but I think my over-arching adult life. 

I didnt always listen to Pearl Jam, and they arent always who I am listening to, but if one band, one musician could describe who I am, it would be Eddie and Pearl Jam.

Now, if only they would return my calls about a 4th guitarist...

1 comment:

  1. of course you have that other guy to contend with ...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgtTrMBMEU

    ReplyDelete