Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Streak Day 7

Kept the streak alive today, and I figured since it was the 7th day of the streak, I would put in at least 7 miles this morning.  It was a nice, easy relaxed pace, heck...even enjoyable. 

I started at 6:30 ish, with dawn just starting to break and the sun still on the backside of the mountains, and as the morning progressed, along with my steadily increasing pace, the sun rose.  It was a beautiful thing to feel. 

My legs felt strong and comfortable, my stride was smooth and relaxed, my cadence was even over the rough terrain and I held down 9:40's with little effort.  In fact the most remarkable thing about my run today was the ecclectic playlist that I had this morning. 

I just hit Play All: Shuffle, on my iPod and let it go...was I in for a treat.

these are the songs that played, in reverse order.

Souvenirs- Switchfoot
Be the One- Jeremy Camp
Enough- Disturbed
Spirit Fall- Chris Tomlin
The Show Must Go On- Pink Floyd
Zapata's Blood- Rage Against the Machine
Born Again- Newsboys
Mess of Me- Switchfoot
Beneath, Between and Behind- Rush
Satan's Bed- Pearl Jam
Virginia Moon- Foo Fighters
What Life Would Be Like- Big Daddy Weave
Empty Me- Jeremy Camp
Other Side of Things- 311
Layla- Eric Clapton
A Pocketfull of Stones-David Gilmore
Nutsymtom- 311

Yeah, not a playlist I would have picked on my own, but it kept the entire run interesting to say the least.  I will try for another 7 this afternoon, and possibly 8 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment